Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hi from Erika!

Hey Girls!

So I went to Israel for 10 days this summer and I just got back on Friday and I had an AMAZING time! I went on a Birthright trip, which is basically a free 10-day trip to Israel that all Jews get to go on between the ages of 18-26. I went with USC Hillel but on my bus there were 10 students from USC, 10 students from College of Charleston, and 20 deaf students from various colleges on the east coast. I had quite a jam-packed trip. We traveled all over Israel! I got to ride a camel, I went rafting down the Jordan River, I floated in the Dead Sea, I stayed in a Bedouin tent in the middle of the desert, I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to hike Mt. Masada at
sunrise, I met 8 incredible Israeli soldiers (and I mean incredible ;) ), and did so much more. I learned so much about the deaf community and a lot of sign language, and I guess a little Hebrew too haha. Not only did I make some awesome new friends for life, I also met 2 sisters from College of Charleston who were ADPi's! We discovered in the airport before we left that we were all in ADPi and we had some great stories to share with each other. We took a picture together in the Mediterranean Sea (which I attached) and I also attached a picture of me riding a camel. I had such a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back! If you want to see more pictures from my trip just look at my Facebook.

Well, I hope you are all having fabulous summers and I can't wait to see you at recruitment!

Pi Love!

Erika :)

No comments:

Post a Comment